Slow Windows Troubleshooting
Some players running Eulora in Windows have encountered slow and/or jumpy graphics and movement once in the game. Potential fixes are listed below, as discussed in the #eulora logs:
- Press the t or ctrl keys (or whatever you've set your toggle run/walk to if you've made manual changes) to move faster.
- Make sure you're not running Eulora on a VM (Virtual Machine). Performance will almost guaranteedly be terrible.
- Check whether your log files (Eulora/logs) are over 10MB. If they are, rename them (for instance as "yourcharname_logtype_old.txt") and restart the game.
- Edit your "Island" file to remove and/or modify certain graphical elements that may be causing slow performance. Full instructions can be found at the link at left.
- Edit your planeshift.cfg file (in the Eulora directory). Try different variables and turn off higher performance graphics options to see if it makes a difference for you.
- Edit your euclient.cfg file, found in the directory in which you installed the game (for instance "EuloraV0.1.2"). See the above link for specific lines to try altering.
All of the above may come in handy for troubleshooting any performance problems on other platforms as well, though such issues are less common.
If none of the above works, consider asking for help in the #eulora IRC channel. Having an idea of your client's FPS (type /fps in game), your graphic card details, etc is recommended.